"What I stand for is what I stand on."
As we approach the longest night of the year, let’s turn our attention to the things that quite literally ground us, the things beneath our feet – soil, our streets, our history and heritage. We’ll release the full programme next week but here’s what to expect…
- Gardening for earthworms.
- Planet-friendly socks and tights – and how to fix them!
- A watch party – share and discuss a fascinating film about indigenous land protectors.
- Get started with composting.
- Capturing CO2 with rock – fact or fiction?
- Expert reflections on COP26 – and the next steps.
- A Winter Celebration to help us all wind down the year – with healing stories, nourishing recipes, and sustainable craft.
It’s a good feeling to be moving into our second month in The Something Club. We have sixty members so far, and this number is growing every day. We were also really pleased to welcome our first organisational members – Social Farms and Gardens, Mens Sheds Treorchy, and Cynnal Cymru.
The events we’ve held so far have sparked some really interesting discussion, around the value of civil disobedience, eco-ableism, and the power and mutual support of a community. In the Community Space we’ve been sharing advice on repair, beekeeping, and insect-based pet food!
If you haven’t joined yet and would like to become a member then it’s simple to sign up – as an individual member or a ‘Two Together’ membership, which allows you to bring a friend. Something Club members have access to all live events and event recordings, the Community Space, and member-only events such as Coffee Club and social events.
Click here for membership options and prices – and remember, with our Buy One Give One membership model, anyone who finds the cost a barrier can contact us for a free membership, no questions asked.
And if you want to join us for a single event, stand-alone tickets are available here.
And finally, if you’re interested in running a workshop or leading a discussion for Something Club members, please do get in touch, we’d love to have a chat!