What are you up to this summer? We hope that, whatever you're planning, you’re able to find time to take a break. We wanted to share with you what we’ll be getting up to and how you can get involved.
It’s an exciting time for us as we’re counting down to the autumn launch of The Something Club, our new online climate action community. To help get warmed up, and to give you a taste of some of the topics we’ll be covering, we’ll be sharing a new six part blog series, starting next week, exploring how each of us can have positive and powerful conversations about climate change with the people in our lives.
We know that a majority of people feel worried and anxious about the climate and ecological emergency, we know that most people want urgent action and are willing to speak up to help make that happen. But do we always feel confident about starting those conversations? And do we understand which communication tools and tactics really work to help engage our friends and family, our colleagues and bosses, businesses and decision makers, to join us in treating this as an emergency?
Each week we’ll be covering a different topic and sharing tactics to help build your skills in one of the most important and meaningful areas of climate action: talking about it. If you’d like to receive this series direct to your inbox, and receive the first month of your Something Club membership completely free, then scroll down to the Summer Squirrel sign up form below.
We’re super excited to share the Positive and Powerful series with you, but that’s not all we’ve got planned! Every Monday across the summer we’ll be posting a simple guide to one of our favourite nature crafts to keep little squirrels busy, and every Friday our Sustainable Summer series will offer up some practical ways to have a planet-friendly summer, from picnics and camping, to food growing and supporting wildlife. Complete the form below and we’ll send each week’s resources right to your inbox every Friday.
Please send me the Green Squirrel Summer Resources!
We won’t use your email address for anything else, and we will never share it with anyone.
We’ll also be popping up around Cardiff this summer with a range of activities, and we’re really looking forward to seeing everyone! Here’s where you can find us:
- Between July 20th – 30th we’ll be at the Summer of Smiles Festival Site at City Hall with climate art activities for all ages. Book your free tickets here.
- On August 3rd we’ll be back on site at Summer of Smiles joining Grassroots to make beeswax wrap and seedbombs with families.
- On August 18th we’ll be at the Subatomic Circus with our popup wildflower meadow, storytelling, and craftivism. Book your free tickets here.
- Between 22nd July – 29th August our Girl Who Wouldn’t Give Up film will be part of the Wales Millennium Centre ‘Your Voice’ exhibition. Book your free tour here.
- And just out the other side of the summer we’re back at the St Fagans Food Festival sharing food waste tips, from 6th – 12th September at 4pm on the Museum’s Instagram. Find out more about the food festival programme here.
We hope you have a safe and relaxing summer and hope to see you at an event or online!